The Dataset: Yewno’s Emerging Tech Data Feed
- Yewno’s Emerging Tech data can help quantify company exposure to new technologies across;
- The data can be used for idea generation, research and portfolio construction;
- Point in time data that can be back tested;
- The data feed has coverage of 3,000+ global companies with 8+ years of history;
- The data is derived from Computational Linguistics-based technology;
- Content sources include global patents offices with more than 3M+ granted patents.
Case Study: Continental A.G.'s Emerging Tech Transformation Across Time
CON 2011 Patent Portfolio
In 2011, Continental A.G.'s Emerging Tech profile was mainly focused on environmental and electrical technologies with a major contribution to the following technologies:
- Electric Vehicles & Batteries (~0.9% of all granted patents in this space),
- Environmental Waste Management, and
- Hybrid Vehicle.
CON 2013 Patent Portfolio
In 2013, Continental had less concentration on but still a major contributor to Electric Vehicles & Batteries technologies. The company expanded into 4 new technologies:
- Lithium Batteries,
- Nuclear Power, and even
- Image Recognition, and
- Big Data.
CON 2018 Patent Portfolio
In 2018, Continental now has a comprehensive patent portfolio covering 15 emerging technologies. The company is now a major contributor to the following emerging technologies:
- Autonomous Vehicles,
- Image Recognition,
- Satellites, and even
- Wind Energy.
We observe that over 20% of Continental’s patent portfolio (~7%) is now focused on Image Recognition and related emerging technologies, but still retains a large Waste Management and Electric & Hybrid Vehicles patent portfolio.